Five members turned up for the Wednesday meeting, allowing plenty of running time all round.
I tried running my military train for the first time, having made the NGS Warwell and Warflat kits during the first lockdown. It ran reasonably, but needs a little fettling, as it kept derailing at a couple of locations. Still, I was pleased with it so far.
Chris was running some Metropolitan line underground stock.
I replaced my train with a container rake, that ran perfectly. Chris then gave his re-geared Class 33 a turn on the front of the containers. Graham’s American Union Pacific rake overtakes in the background.
Mr Stroudley turned in his grave at the sight of a Terrier pulling a GWR autocoach!
Whilst a GWR Small Prairie pulled lots of large coaches.
After testing my new modules last Sunday meeting, I corrected the obvious errors. Where I de-crimped the wires when folding the boards (having forgotten to unplug them), I made a new end board, with a slot for the wires to remain connected and loop from one board to the next. A couple of legs fitted should allow the modules to be stored vertically. I also fixed the misplaced track joint where the fishplate had missed. Point control is nearly installed. And a rattle can coat of sleeper grime painted the track in two minutes flat. Next job, ballast.
More from Switzerland in the next post.