Covid-19 diary #11

A little progress on the workbench…

I’ve started a new project, 2 old Chivers LMS horse boxes.

But I’ve decided to fit the 2mm Association etched chassis (using Farish wheels in the special axles to fit these etches.)  Such tiny work is rather challenging, but with a little solder paste, and a magnifier headband, this seems to be going together pretty well – and it looks a lot better than the original plastic bits.

Meanwhile the Warwells and Warflats are awaiting bogies.  A lot of fettling seems to be needed to fit a spacer to the bogies to get the ride height, and also to get the couplings the correct length.

My remaining tanks have arrived – excellent resin castings from Holland.  Much better than the UK ones that I had previously purchased.

And a quick spray of rattle can primer prepared them for painting.  A post-war green, I think, maybe semi-gloss, representing well cared for vehicles in peace time?

And I don’t intend modelling this scenario!

Instead I’ll just have a nice cup of SR tea….

About snitchthebudgie

Secretary of the East Surrey N Gauge railway club
This entry was posted in ESNG, Jon's layout ramblings, On my workbench and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.