A Minories of my own – 6 – under way

A little progress.  I looked at the scenery again, and where the road bridges might get in the way of the point motors.  So I changed the scenery a little.  It will probably change again when I mark things out full size, but this is close.

And so to the loft…..

I got the Finetrax templates glued down to give an accurate track layout.

Marking it up full size gave an accurate check of clearances and the length of the loco and parcels sidings.  They were all a little different from my ‘scale’ drawing.

Once again, my set of railway curves came in useful.  These were commonly used by draftsmen before the age of CAD.  This set were ‘rescued’ from work during a massive clear out – they were otherwise headed for a skip.

And here’s the upper level, cut to size.  Next job, will be to mark up the lower baseboard, making sure that there are suitable holes for access, wiring and point motors, but that the solid sections for the roads under the station are still there.

And here’s the road level board, with holes for access and point control.  Point motors could be a bit short of space, though!

Hopefully, I’ll cut the rest of the pieces for the board tomorrow.

About snitchthebudgie

Secretary of the East Surrey N Gauge railway club
This entry was posted in Jon's layout ramblings, Layout design and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.